Thursday, April 30, 2009

The 100th post

Surprise!

I resigned as the class monitor yesterday. Probably things were getting too hectic for me. Probably I am not capable of handling and juggling too much things at one time YET. But it's only in a matter of time that I change to improve myself. However, first things first and studies have to come first this year, no matter how much is sacrificed.

Today, I officially announced the news to the rest of the class. Some were shocked, some somehow gt hold of the information yesterday apparently.Still, I was in awe as Kah Kheng showed me tears glistening in her eyes. Proves that my effort was not in vain. My existence was appreciated. I'm glad none-the-least. It has been a great experience for me as a monitor for 2 and a half years. I just want to enjoy the rest of my high school life as a normal student. A student who needn't exit the class almost every period. A student who can afford the time to sit still in class, listening to the teachers babble and lecture. A student who can relax mostly and not having to keep up her guard the whole time due to the heavy responsibility entrusted.

I have at least accepted that I'm no longer the class monitor, though it was really tempting to shout "class stand!!" at the beginning and ending of every period. But it slips naturally into my mind after awhile that I'm no longer the monitor and should make it clear to others. I stick to my stand and decision. I would not want to regret the decision that I painstakingly made.

As for the song composition, we didn't get thru the finals. Pn. Chan who was in charge apparently did not have any cells for music. She was after the lyrics!! Who would have thought about that?!? lol, not me! I'm sorry for what happened. But Joy thought we did great. And that it wasn't our fault that the audience (one audience who makes that cursed final decision) failed to appreciate the beauty of our masterpiece. (lolz, I'm feeling sarcastically great yoday! =] ) The only console yesterday was that the other students from our class thought that our songs were brilliant. I guess only the jeweler can recognise the value of an exquisite gem. (definitely feeling great! XD )

All in all, yesterday was a terrible day for me. But certain decisions were made. I feel a little grown up now. And things are going well today ( except for the lip-crack that hurt me the whole day..it was sooooo annoying). I hope things continue to get well. Happy day to you!

=)

No comments: